This delicious, gallbladder-friendly recipe is perfect for the upcoming cold winter nights in South Africa. It is easy to prepare and super healthy. Remember, some food types effect each of us differently. You have to find out what works for you. Don’t be afraid to edit some recipes to suit your needs.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Brown onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Mild curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups Dried red lentils
- 1 Tomato, roughly chopped
- 4 cups Vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve. Preferably whole wheat and home made.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until soft.
- Add curry powder. Cook and release flavors for about 30 seconds.
- Add the lentils, tomato, vegetable stock and 1 cup of warm water. Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, on a low to medium heat for 20 minutes.
- When the lentils are cooked and the soup is nice and thick, remove from heat.
- Divide soup evenly into bowls and top with fresh parsley. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!
Source: Taste Magazine Australia