We all enjoy a good cup of tea or coffee. Combine that with something savory and sweet and you get the perfect tea time break.
This recipe makes about 8 scones
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbs Vegan butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into small squares
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 2 tbs coconut milk; vanilla coffee creamer
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare your baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut Vegan butter into small squares and add to dry ingredients.
- Add Coconut milk and stir well until combined.
- Add the strawberry squares. Gently fold mixture.
- Scoop about eight 1/4 cups of the dough onto your baking pan and flatten slightly.
- For something more rustic sprinkle a small amount of the flour blend onto your counter top and place dough in the middle. Flatten to make about a 30cm circle and cut dough into triangles. Gently lift onto baking pan. Do not over handle your dough as it might become dense.
- Bake your scones in the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
- After baking cool your scones on a cooling rack.
- Now it is time to make the vanilla glaze. Mix together the powdered sugar and coffee creamer. Gently drizzle glaze over the cooled scones to your liking.
Resource: Sarah bakes.com